i detailed the 'daemon' cannon with pipes and various power coils.
Monday, November 9, 2009
i have spent the last few weeks fighting getting sick and losing. as much as i wanted to paint i could not focus. damn watery eyes and sore neck. however, i did get possessed by the urge to convert a defiler. i have never been satisfied with the original model. i loved all the bits but was left feeling, ehh, about the final result. the giant ape armed claws seemed goofy, esspecially for dread CC weapons. the head was akward and sitting on top of an obese hull, perfect for nurgle or orks mind you, not for anything else. so i put the project into the back of my mad brain to let it grow. after several years of ignoring it, it exploded out over the weekend. a few things inspired this conversion. first and foremost it was the genius of roy, he built a defiler with the head coming out of the front of the torso and mounted the cannon on the arm. BRILLIANT! second, i saw a few 4 legged conversions online and i realized that i could convert the front legs to be CC weapons. last, the lovely chaos models that forgeworld has released over the last few years. i had to order some bits to complete this model so now, i wait. for shoulder pads. thanks to rabidchild for donating the defiler kit. anyway, i know that my blog is like playboy, you all just visit for the pictures, so, here they are...
Monday, October 26, 2009
glossed the black and purpled the tongues. i am not normally a fan of glossing my minis however, i feel that it gives the bloodletters an alien kind of feel. also glossing them reminds me of the character, darkness, from legend.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
gave him a different combi-melta, added more gubbins around the waist and legs, gave him a backpack 'trophy' with some sculpted flak armor. next up, paint!
the helmet is not glued in so it is leaning a little more that the completed model will.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
i put together some bases for the WE's last night. i am not sure if i love or hate the mars effect i have going on. i may just go back to a more gray tone. the ruin bits are miscast scrap that my friends had from some of the hirst plaster kits.